Donnerstag, 5. März 2009

Hey there!

Well, now that it's march I think it's up to another post. Uni is quite nice, nothing has changed a lot since the first week.
In Pharmacology class I had a short discussion with the teacher, coz I didn't like his definition of non-competitive antagonists. He finally admitted that pharamacologists use quite an old definition.

At home I'm still living on toast. It's quite okay, makin' a sandwich every evening, but you have to make some variations. Sometimes you skip out tomatoes, sometimes have it with an egg. Well, next week I think I'm gonna check out that german bakery for some real bread. In the supermarkets they only sell toast, in different variations though.

Have I actually told you about beer in Tasmania? Or alcohol in general? I don't think so, hence I better do so now.
It's not possible to buy beer (or any other kind of alcohol) in a supermarket. You have to go to a bottleshop, mostly at the backside of some restaurants or other shop, marked with a sign saying "Bottleshop - Drive In". I've got to get you a picture of this...
However, beer is sold in 375ml, whereas a six pack is about $16 dollas, which may be about €8. So yes, it is really expensive.
When you're going out you usually drink a pint which is 570ml for about $6-8. Of course you can order a jug, which is 1140ml and sometimes a good opportunity. Usually you'll get a jug for $11, but there are days you can have a jug for $5 from 5-6pm, $6 from 6-7pm and so on. And then they wonder, why young Australians get drunk so fast.

However, I'm not gonna tell you all the secrets about life in Australia now, so I'll keep you reading.

keep on keepin' on and have a nice day!
luke

2 Kommentare:

  1. I was wondering how long shipment to Tasmania takes. Maybe someone can send you some decent bread :D
    And my sincerest condolecence on the price of beer. I know how much it means to you *gg*.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. shipment, well, I got a letter from home, it took the letter 1 1/2 weeks to make his way over the ocean ;)

    and about the beer thing: well, jap it's hard, but you can save money and skip out lunch ;)

    AntwortenLöschen