Dienstag, 24. Februar 2009

Hey guys!
It's time for another blog entry, after my first 2 days of lecture. Everything's perfect, so far.

Astronomy: In this course there are mainly first year students, and nothing more than high school maths is needed, no calculus. I think that shouldn't be much of a problem.

Exploration Geophysics: The first lecture was quite boring, coz he's just been trying to bring everyone (all the 6 attendants) on a mathematical level to understand the literature. Of course maths below a level a physicist is used to. However, my big problems will show up when it goes into earth sciences, since I've got no idea of that. However, 5 days field trip, this rocks!

Pharmacology: Yeah, my first lecture with more than 100 other students. That's cool! However, the professor knows my name. Today in the lecture he said, that they have always problems with Science students, their timetable and the practical course, so they should choose their group at first. Well, I came up to him, and told him, that I was science student and would like... blabla. He asked me: "ah, are you Lukas?", "Yes, but how can you tell.", "Well, you're the science student." Whatever, I hope you find it as funny as I do.

Yeah, and there's a lot of sports going on here. On sunday I've been rafting. Not much of a raft, we went up to New Norfolk and rafted down the derwent river. Really calm water, with only a few rapids. However, waterfights help! It was great fun and well, we all got sunburned.

And the next sporty thing: Today I joined the soccer training of the University Soccer Club Tasmania. They're actually playing in the Tasmanian Premier League, was quite a nice training. Not that hard as I'm used to back home, but nice.

Well, well, I guess that's all for now. see you later
have a nice day!


2 Kommentare:

  1. Is the picture just low tide or is it anything special that we so there?

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. just low tide. on our way back home it all was flooded.

    AntwortenLöschen