Freitag, 24. April 2009

Hey homeboys and gals!

It's been quite a while since my last post, I'm sorry for that. I actually created a photobucket account, but I still haven't uploaded photos.
Actually I'm wastin' my time with travelling around and having fun rather that uploading photos twice (facebook should do for the moment). However, I'm sorry for those of you who aren't on facebook and thus can't see the photos, I'll fix that (someday).
During the last few weeks I had some time for day-trips, first there was easter break and secondly I skipped some of my lectures, coz I had company of probably the 2 hippest austrians.

On Maundy Thursday together with Markus and Thijs, I headed of to the Tasman Peninsula, first to throw a glance on Tasman Arch and the devil's kitchen, then doing the Cape Hauy walk to the candlestick and the totem pole, to really impressive rocks.
The easter weekend was really relaxing then, and I got back to activity on monday, when I did a daytrip to Mt. Field national park, where one can visit some nice waterfalls. Unfortunately I didn't take money with my, so I couldn't stay for the night. For some reason they want $10 for the campsite. By that time most of my friends left for New Zealand or some nice place on the mainland. Those who stayed in Hobart had plenty of uni-work to do, so I had to use the self-timer of my camera during this trip.


Skipping some days of my life, we'll focus on the following weekend, when I was on geophysics excursion in the Upper Esk valley, about 3 hours drive from Hobart, in the north east of Tassie. We were acquiring some magnetic data and doing some seismic measurements. It's probably some basalt that's causing a big magnetic anomaly there. However, the weather was nice, we had fun and we were sleeping in a Shearers quarter. Really cool.

While I was driving home from Fingal on sunday, the two hip austrian dudes Clemens and Sam were arriving at Hobart at making their way to my home. The following week I skipped some lectures to show them Tassie.
On Monday I had prac though, so I sent them off to Wineglass bay. I reckon it was a nice trip for them.
The pharmacology prac instead revealed my shocking blood-pressure, but I'm sure you don't wanna go into detail on that.
From tuesday to wednesday I had some time for a trip with my friends, so, well, we headed up the east coast for maria island. Unfortunately there was no ferry on that day, so we changed our plans. We drove further on up the road (now it's time to get the eric clapton song for the right feeling) to taste some wine, eat some pancake and camp in a national park. Yes we had a great time.

But now I've gotta do some uni work, write a report which is due on monday, I have to finish that, so I can go rafting on sunday. We're leaving tomorrow, camp at the river and go down the river on sunday. I reckon it's gonna be a great trip. The forecast says rain and snow in the mountain, so there's gonna be a good water-level, and probably a nice snowy surrounding.

catch you later!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen