Samstag, 13. Juni 2009

back again and how are you doing?

Well, I know it's been a while since I wrote you something new. But hey, here I am and here we go:

There were some trips between cradle mountain and today, and also some funny things. But probably I'm not gonna talk about funny things, I'll keep them, to have stories when I come home. And since I found out that I'm a sleeping pill it's now my task to bore you, so better read the following lines before you go to bed (I'm serious).

However, I've been to the bay of fires. Apparently that's THE tourist destination of 2009. We were quite alone there, but it was beautiful. It's a nice bay, with some sand, some rocks. The rocks appear redish, thus bay of fires. The drive up there was nice, well coastal drive and I finally finished my 6,000th km in my awesome yellow car.


Times are getting sad these days, so the period of farewell-parties has started the following friday. And it was a good party with no time to cry...
On the following sunday I did an airwalk, not very spectacular but nice view though. You know, it's some kind of "Baumkronenweg". And however, I found out that money grows on trees, well at least the coins. The leaves are not made of dollar-bills.


Wow, and now we're reaching June, my 5th month in tassie. finally I managed to get up on Mt. Wellington on a beautiful day to get some photos of Hobart from above. Photos of this trip are exclusively provided here, not on facebook, nowhere else.


Good that I say nowhere else. For those of you, who want to go nowhere else, I can tell you, it's not worth the long journey, I've been there. However, if you're around then go there, because the view is better from nowhere else.
I made it to the west coast, finally. There's a lot of almost uncharted land *gg* Well actually there are maps available, but the roads ain't sealed, and all the men around are archer. Yej, in Queenstown there are some miners as well. Together they work hard to destroy the land, and they're good in what they do. However, there was some nature on the trip so we finally could see a platypus and a tasmanian devil in wildlife.
The roadtrip was awesome, 1405km, including 200km gravel road, and so I reached my 7,500th km with my awesome yellow car.


Yesterday, when driving down to the south for a day-walk, my car had to cross this puddle... and it savely made it, I could call it yellow submarine from now on, but that's already the name of oscar's car.

Next week won't be spectacular, believe it or not, I need to lock myself up in my room and study. Since I've not done much I've gotta study hard and maybe even harder. But I can see some light at the end, 3 exams next week and then I'm free =)

cheers, sorry if I've bored you, but hey, I'm a sleeping pill, good night then ;)

Luke

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen