Dienstag, 19. Mai 2009

hey there!

okay, now I have my new haircut for 2 weeks and I'm really happy with it.
However, some things happened during the last weeks. First there was this geophysics excursion, which made me miss another party in hobart, but hey, who cares. It was fun anyways.
We went to a place in the north of Campbelltown, once again to investigate some farmland. This time electromagnetic measurements. And there was one important thing I've learned that weekend, well actually there were two things:

1. you should not be afraid of walking, when you want to do geophysics. I was walking 30km up and down this paddock, carrying survey instruments. And I can prove that, the track was recorded using a GPS.

2. One shearer can shear 3 sheep per hour and 4 shearers are hired for 3000 sheep. This was the takeaway-message of a conversation with the farmer in whose shearers quarters we were staying.

So then, another week was coming up, the most stressful week since I'm in Tassie. There was nothing to do before this week, and there is nothing left after this week. But during this week there was this Astronomy test and 6 reports to hand in. I don't tell you the details about that, they might bore you to death.

After handing in the 5 pharmacology reports on friday I left hobart to drive way up north, to Cradle Mountain, planning to climb the summit. However, saturday morning was covered in snow and the wind was blowing the hell outta the trees. So I reduced my plans to a nice walk to marion's lookout at 1245m.
Pearce has finally seen snow, for the first time in his life, and he was really afraid of the cold. His gloves didn't have fingers.
Well, it was a nice weekend, and the way home was awesome. Unsealed highway at 1,000m above sealevel, highland lakes, just great.


On monday I had some work to do, finishing my geophysics report. I finished just in time, so I could go and play tennis. First time tennis after 6 years. It took me quite a while... I should practice more often.
However, later, while I was in the gym I got a phone call of a professor, that we're meeting (astronomy class) at night to get on the roof of the uni, to observe some stars and other things in the sky. And hey, I saw Saturn with its rings. That's really incredible =)

alrighty, that's all the news I think. have a nice day!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen